"I am involved in resequencing projects for disease association studies. Sequencher was of tremendous help to me in these projects for- discovery of SNPs, detection of known SNPs, intronic/exonic SNPs & amino acid changing SNPs. I have been using it for sequence analysis of ABI data files since 2000. It is easy to operate and user friendly. It was a pleasure to be involved in the beta test program for version 4.6. What I liked in this new version is assembly function & variance table. Assemble to reference by defining assembly parameters using advance expression feature is very useful, it saves a lot of time and sequences can be assembled by defining feature of your choice e.g. sample ID, primer ID, or well position etc. Technical Support group at the Gene Codes Corporation has been very receptive to the idea of introducing variance table. With this feature it is now possible to export genotypes. Using this feature I am not only able to export whole table but also selected few columns using “export selected” option button. "
Gene Codes has been recognized by many different organizations around the world.
- The International Society for Computational Biology recognizes Howard Cash and Gene Codes Forensics for the unique application of computational biology to help with disaster victim identification. ISCB President Michael Gribskov called Gene Codes' contribution "unique, valuable, and beyond the limit of what could be expected".
- Ann Arbor IT Zone recognizes Gene Codes Corporation with the Indestructible Award for Growth and Achievement.
- Gene Codes is awarded the Merlanti Prize for Best Practices in Business Ethics.
- Genome Technology makes Howard Cash Person of the Year in their All-Star Awards.
- Gene Codes Corporation is named one of the Future 50 of Greater Detroit: "In recognition of your outstanding contribution to Metropolitan Detroit through sales and employment growth."
- Ernst & Young and The New Enterprise Forum name Howard Cash, President, CEO and founder of Gene Codes, Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Gene Codes wins the Washtenaw County Fast Track Award.
- Sequencher receives the Best DNA Sequence Assembly Product from the Biotechnology Software & Internet Journal.
- Gene Codes receives Michigan Leading Edge Technology Award in the biotechnology category. The award recognizes innovations introduced with Sequencher version 3.0, giving special mention to enhancements that allowed increased process automation.
- Gene Codes receives the Best Presentation of the Year award by the Michigan Branch of the New Enterprise Forum: "In recognition of an innovative business venture which has helped make Gene Codes Corporation a model entrepreneurial firm."