Gene Codes has been recognized by many different organizations around the world.
- The International Society for Computational Biology recognizes Howard Cash and Gene Codes Forensics for the unique application of computational biology to help with disaster victim identification. ISCB President Michael Gribskov called Gene Codes' contribution "unique, valuable, and beyond the limit of what could be expected".
- Ann Arbor IT Zone recognizes Gene Codes Corporation with the Indestructible Award for Growth and Achievement.
- Gene Codes is awarded the Merlanti Prize for Best Practices in Business Ethics.
- Genome Technology makes Howard Cash Person of the Year in their All-Star Awards.
- Gene Codes Corporation is named one of the Future 50 of Greater Detroit: "In recognition of your outstanding contribution to Metropolitan Detroit through sales and employment growth."
- Ernst & Young and The New Enterprise Forum name Howard Cash, President, CEO and founder of Gene Codes, Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Gene Codes wins the Washtenaw County Fast Track Award.
- Sequencher receives the Best DNA Sequence Assembly Product from the Biotechnology Software & Internet Journal.
- Gene Codes receives Michigan Leading Edge Technology Award in the biotechnology category. The award recognizes innovations introduced with Sequencher version 3.0, giving special mention to enhancements that allowed increased process automation.
- Gene Codes receives the Best Presentation of the Year award by the Michigan Branch of the New Enterprise Forum: "In recognition of an innovative business venture which has helped make Gene Codes Corporation a model entrepreneurial firm."