Inside Sales Account Manager
Job Title: Inside Sales Account Manager
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
About Gene Codes: Gene Codes is a worldwide leader in developing bioinformatics solutions for DNA Sequence Analysis. Our primary product is Sequencher, DNA Sequence Analysis Software.
What We’re Looking for: An experienced inside sales account manager with excellent communication skills, technical skills and a strong interest in biotechnology.
Job Overview: Inside Sales Account Manager is responsible for achieving quota within an assigned territory by prospecting for new clients, developing relationships with existing clients, as well as, lead follow-up, qualification, demonstrations, quotes, and post-sale support. This is a full time position working in our Ann Arbor office.
- Outbound prospecting for new client opportunities through phone, direct e-mail, and web-based marketing activities
- Manage and qualify incoming sales leads from outbound prospecting and incoming leads, understanding needs
- Develop relationships throughout a new or existing account
- Coordinate software demonstrations to address prospects scientific needs
- Coordinate with Technical Support to provide demonstrations and offer technical support
- Provide Sales Manager with feedback on client suggested product improvements and feature requests
- Issue price quotes and close sales orders with new prospects
- Track sales metrics and results against goals
- Other duties as required to achieve sales objectives
- Attend Trade Shows as needed
- West coast territory coverage from 11AM to 8PM daily.
Required Skills and Background
- At least three years of experience in outbound technical sales and four-year college degree.
- At least one year of international business experience
- Demonstrated track record in overachieving objectives
- Technical sales skills demonstrated consistently in a high tech industry such as biotech or Information technology
- Life Science, IT, Software, or Business background
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills, contact databases, phone skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to close sales over the phone
- A strong desire to learn new skills and excel
- Self-motivator with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Competitive base salary plus commission, 401K, medical insurance, and paid time off
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com